VOTE Emma Harris: #1 for Commercial Services Officer
My name is Emma Harris and I want to be your commercial services officer 2010/2011. There are a number of things I will bring to the role but first and foremost I want to listen to students. Currently the union does not stand up for what the majority of students are calling for and this NEEDS to change.
I’m an enthusiastic and dedicated member of this union, I work at the LRV and earlier this year I was vote Arts, Media and Design representative by students, on top of this I help run a society and I work as a student ambassador, so I have a good working relationship with the university. You may have seen me campaigning in support of a recent referendum or I may have mentored you on the Step Ahead programme.
If you vote for me here is what will happen:
· A refurbishment of Legends in Stafford – Stop making promises and start doing!
· More live music acts in union venues – From local bands to big name acts, I am passionate about music and feel that students here deserve more.
· Bring back themes at SuperFriday!
· A better menu at Ember Lounge – More vegetarian and health food options, and yes; oatcakes!
· Get the cash points sorted! – Stop petitioning and act!
· Cheaper hire of the LRV for clubs and societies
· More international food available in venues – International students make up a huge proportion of our student body, why is international food only available in the union shops?
· Work on food services in union venues – lets make sure you’re not waiting for your food and that it’s always prepared to a high quality.
· Real Ale in union bars
I am part of the Staffs UNIty slate. We stand for a Union that listens to students and responds to their needs. We will run a union without a political agenda. We will run this union for YOU!
Vote for Emma