Suggested searches: Elections, Societies, Disabled students,Allergies
You don't need to be in financial difficulty to contact us. Our Student Advice Team are specialists in students' finances, and we're here to help.
We can help ensure you're getting all the money you're entitled to - to have a successful budget and you have money to budget with.
You can make an appointment for support.
We'll always explore the following options:
1) Student Finance- is your funding correct and being paid to you?
2) Council Tax- are you claiming your Council Tax exemption?
3) Benefits- most students are not eligible for government support through the benefits system but we can check eligibility with you, especially if you have a none-student partner or children.
4) Other student funding- if you have a disability, we'll talk to you about Disabled Students' Allowance. If you have children, we'll talk to you about the Parent Learning Allowance and the Childcare Grant. If you have adult dependants, we'll discuss the Adult Dependant Grant. If you're on an eligible healthcare course, we'll talk about the NHS Learning Support Fund.
5) Hardship- if you're struggling, we'll always recommend that you apply to the Student Success (Support) Fund if you're eligible.
6) Banking- we'll ask if you've got a student account with your bank and an appropriate overdraft.
7) Friends & Family- is there someone you can ask for additional support?
8) Bursaries, Grants, Trusts, Charities, Scholarships- we'll always recommend you check out which bursaries and scholarships are available through the University here: Bursaries and scholarships - Staffordshire University (staffs.ac.uk). We'll also recommend you visit turn2us to see what you might be eligible for: Search for charitable and educational grants - Turn2us.
9) FoodHub- for practical support, our FoodHub can help: FoodHub (staffsunion.com).
Many things are available to support you and make things easier in these tough times. Here are a few of them:
Stoke on Trent Together
Standing Tall 2gether CIC
Step Up Stoke CIC
Birches Head Get Growing
Here's what you need to know about the Energy Support Scheme:
If you're struggling with your bills, or have issues with your tenancy agreement or license regarding energy bills and all-inclusinve deals with fair usage policies, book an apointment to speak with our Advice Team.
Staffordshire Fire & Rescue Service: Fire Station Warm Spaces