There are loads of great things that make us all very Proud to Be Staffs. We're home to a fantastic community of students, staff and lecturers who work tirelessly to make Staffs the amazing place that it is.
However, not everyone is lucky enough to only see the positive side of Staffs and Stoke-on-Trent. That's why we're working with the University to create a change in behaviour and challenge anyone who discriminates against anybody in our community.
Our #NoExcuse campaign is the key to creating behaviour change.
So far, as part of our work, we have worked with the University to:
- Train Sexual Violence Liasion Officers (SVLOs) across University and Union services
- Implemented our 'Ask Angela' service in our venues;
- Held awareness stalls to provide students with information on discrimination;
- Supported our Representative Networks
- Ran social media campaigns against bullying & harassment at University.
- We are currently working on a campaign to combat sexual violence and abuse.
But there's still so much more to do. We'll be building on the campaign throughout the year to challenge a range of different negative behaviours and make real change here at Staffs.