Staffordshire University Dance Club - SUDC
Not just something for Gobble or Mukky!
Want to try something new?
Take some time out from the life and stress of university?
Meet some awesome and diverse new people?
Opportunities to be part of a team?
We can give you all these things and more!
Offering a variety of classes that accept all levels of experience, Staffordshire Dance Club are a welcoming bunch of people that share a passion for all things dance related.
Whether you're a experienced dancer or first time beginner, we welcome you to show your stuff and have some fun as well.
*NEW STYLES FOR 2016/17*
ALSO if you want to take part in something more than just classes, this year we will be having TWO competition teams that will have the opportunity to compete against other university teams across the Country!!
MEET YOUR COMMITTEE!!
L to R:
Heather (Finance), Jéssica (Manager), Meg (Communications)
Mondays (Sixth Form College Dance Studio):
- 5pm - 6:45pm: Contemporary (Competition Team) - Taught by Meg
Tuesdays (Sixth Form College Dance Studio):
- 5pm - 5:45pm: Ballet Technical (Open Class) - Taught by Heather & Sariah
- 5:45pm - 6:45pm: Lyrical (Open Class) - Taught by Heather
Wednesdays (Sports Activities Room):
- 2pm - 3pm: Hip-Hop (Competition Team) - Taught by Meg & Jéssica
- 3pm - 4pm: Contemporary (Competition Team) - Taught by Meg
- 4pm - 5pm: All Styles [Jazz/Tap/Hip Hop/Contemporary] (Open Class) - Taught by vary of teachers
Thursdays (Sixth Form College Dance Studio):
- 5pm - 6:45pm: Hip-Hop (Competition Team) - Taught by Meg & Jéssica
EXAMPLES OF CLASSES
Don't Stand So Close To Me (Lyrical) - International Students Dinner 11.10.16 - https://youtu.be/UBx_4tOZ7OA
Million Reasons (Lyrical) - International Students Dinner 11.10.16 - https://youtu.be/jABNsOkRtFo
Pirouettes - Ballet Class 20.09.16 - https://youtu.be/p3KTAngeDTk
Staffordshire at Nottingham Trent Hip Hop 2016 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwT5jsFFc1Y
Lyrical Dance - Ballet Class 2015/16 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cniDRfhQPI4
Piqué turn en dehors - Ballet Class 2015/16 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UovtnOJMtak
Staffordshire at Northampton Comp 2014 Novice Jazz - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3WnhSV_1ew
Staffordshire at KCL Comp 2014 Novice Hip Hop - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxaNPmEsVX0
- Will you have any Give It A Go Sessions? - Yes. At the fresher's fair, come find us and we will be able to tell you when these sessions will take place. These are free, you don't need to pay the membership fee to take part.
- Do I have to pay the membership fee to join? - We receive our funding from the membership fee, that money goes towards getting the competition teams to their destination, access to the open classes as well other things that improve the club as a whole. There will also be exclusives only available to members. If no one pays, we can't give you the best experience!!
- What is this extra insurance fee? - This just means you will be insured in case of injury by the union, it is compulsory so all clubs and societies must charge this fee.
- I've never danced before; will I be able to keep up? - Everyone learns at their own pace; we will help you if you are struggling. Don't panic if you don't get it your first try!! Practice makes perfect :D
- Do I have to audition for the competition teams? - Yes, the times and dates will be announced later in the first semester.
- Do I have to attend every session? - If you are in either of the competition teams, attendance is mandatory. Open classes are not mandatory.
- What is All Styles? - All Styles is a class that will change week per week as some types of dance are more popular than others. The timetable will be updated via the Dance Page on FB.
- Are there any socials? - We are a very social bunch. We host various nights out to gobble as well as a Christmas meal, movie nights and the odd karaoke session.
- Who do I contact if I need to ask any further questions? - Your committee and teachers will be able to answer most additional queries you might have. Also feel free to contact us via email or social media.
SOCIAL MEDIA + CONTACT US (Click on the links to find out more)
Email - email@example.com
MEMBERSHIP for 2016/17
£20* for Staffordshire University Students
*Excluding £3 insurance fee
**Competition Team members may have to pay additional fees**
Past Events & Awards
> Collaboration of the Year.
> Society of the Year 4 years running, before we got promoted to 'Club' in 2011/12.
> Event of the Year for hosting STEP UP & DANCE competition.
> Won 1st Place Beginner Hip-Hop for STEP UP & DANCE 2012.
> 2nd Place Intermediate Hip-Hop for Manchester University Dance Competition 2013.
> Held our first Charity Showcase in aid of Douglas Macmillan 2013
> 2nd Place Novice Hip-Hop for JUST DANCE, Kings College London competition 2013/14.
> 3rd Place Novice Jazz for JUST DANCE, Kings College London competition 2013/14.
> Performed at half time in the Basketball match at Varsity for 2 years.
> Performed at the Diversity Fashion Show 2013/14.
> 1st Place Contemporary at Nottingham Trent University competition 2014/15.
> Runner Up/ 2nd Place Solo performance by Jerry Edwin at Liverpool John Moore's University Competition 2014/15.
> Performed at International Students Dinner 2016.