Sexual Violence Emergencies
Anyone can experience Sexual misconduct and/or violence or abuse, regardless of their age, gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, class or other personal characteristics
Members of our community who have experienced sexual violence are encouraged to contact the University’s Sexual Violence Liaison Officer (SVLO) team.
The team has been created to provide a caring, holistic ‘wrap-around’ service for survivors of Sexual Misconduct and/or Violence and the wider University community. The team are in place to provide the following services:
- Immediate and ongoing care and support: referrals to mental health, wellbeing and medical services; safety planning; academic and workplace adjustments; self-care resources; advocacy; navigating resources, Sexual Assault Referral Centre (SARC).
- Assistance with reporting and complaints: assistance in making an informed decision about next steps should an individual choose to report to authorities within the university or to the police.
- Provision of information: provision of up-to-date community resource information.
- Education: delivery of education, prevention, training, and awareness activities with campus partners.
The important thing to remember if you or someone else has experienced sexual violence, no matter where you were, what you were doing, what you were wearing, what you were saying, if you were drunk or under the influence of drugs, it was not your fault; you are not to blame.
If you, or someone else, is in danger, call 999 for emergency services.
For more information or to engage a member of our community with the SVLO team, please email via the link below:
Email the Sexual Violence Liaison Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Crime, Safety & Security Emergencies
If the situation feels like it could get heated or violent very soon or if someone is in immediate danger or if you need help right away, call 999 and ask for the Police
If you are at our Stoke-on-Trent campus, or the Centre of Excellence in Healthcare at Blackheath Lane, you can contact Campus Security on 01782 294444 or go to their Control Room if you need help.
- Stoke-on-Trent: enter the Cadman Building and the Control Room is on your left as soon as you walk in.
- Blackheath Lane: the Control Room is opposite the main entrance in room CH042
We recommend that you download the SafeZone app and, if you need emergency help, you can use the Emergency Help function.