Can I Vote?

If you've ended up at this page becuase you're unsure if you can vote in Union elections, please head to the Elections Posts Page. Here, you'll be able to see everything that you're eligible to vote for. Nothing listed? Then unfortunately you're not eligible to vote.

You can check if you've shared your data with the Students' Union below. If you haven't done this, you will not be able to vote in any of our elections.

However! Even if you have shared your data with the Union when you enrolled or re-enrolled on your course, there are instances where you will still not be able to vote.

You must be a current, registered student in order to participate in elections, which means you'll be excluded if the University have marked your status as anything different than "Current".

Two examples of this would be:

 - If you've left your course and the University have marked you as "Withdrawn" from your course

 - If your teaching finished earlier in the year and the University have marked you as "Complete" (e.g. negotiated masters courses can finish in October or January)

If you are currently intermitting, you can still vote in elections as you are still classed as a registered student according to current University regulations.

If you have any further questions, please contact the Student Voice Team.

Share My Data

Allowing the Students' Union access to your University data means that you can do the following:

  • Sign up to the Students' Union website


  • Vote in the Leadership Race elections*


  • Attend events at Students' Union venues and join student groups.


*Please note, there is a deadline set before voting opens to request your data is shared with the Union in order to allow you to vote. This is to allow enugh time for requests to be processed before the electoral roll of who can vote is closed. For more info, contact the Student Voice Team.

Check if you've shared

You can check to see if you are currently sharing your data using the status checker below.

If you didn't agree to share your data with the Students' Union when you e-enrolled, you need to contact the University from your student email account.

If you use a personal email account, they cannot confirm your identity and therefore cannot change your status.

Below is the email address you need to send it to and a template email for you to send if you wish.


To whom it may concern.

I would like to reverse my decision at enrolment and allow my personal data to be shared with the Students’ Union. Please can you make that change as soon as possible and let me know when it has been done.

Thanks in advance.

[Full name]
[Student number]


Please Note:

Data import takes place overnight, so it will be 24 hours after the University has confirmed that your request has been fulfilled before you will be able to log on/register as a current student on 

The Union takes the privacy of its members details seriously. You can find our privacy policy under our terms and conditions section.