As NSE & NUEL representative, you will be pulling together student esports opportunities, activities, and achievements across the University and publicising them to your peers and publicly too.
You’ll be a champion of all the great things our students do. Celebrating wins, highlighting progress and developments, and trying to raise the profile of our competitive teams within their chosen esport.
Representing a wide range of students including individual players, student teams, and student groups participating in a wide range of esports, means you will need to be a good communicator and listener and take in lots of information.
You will need to be professional, organised, and have strong communication skills, especially in written content. This role will also look to balance the demands of each team to get the best outcome for all, so quick development of negotiation skills will be key.
You will need to undertake any training provided by NUEL and NSE as well as appropriate Union training sessions too.
Main duties of the Union Esports Representative
- To act on behalf of students as The NUEL & NSE Representative
- To represent student groups participating in esports, on occasion at Student Council or forum meetings
- Work closely alongside all gaming society committees and specifically those interested in competing in esports, to ensure a co-ordinated approach in communication between our Staffordshire University competitive gaming teams and The NUEL & NSE.
- Build strong and positive partnerships with all Staffordshire student competitive gaming teams to ensure fair representation of our students in The NUEL & NSE.
- Promoting Staffordshire student team’s successes via the social media channels and Union Esports webpage along with other communications & marketing.
- Source content and updates from esports teams to provide content for publicity, marketing and website.
- Ensure positive management of the Staffordshire Stampede brand, welcoming of all student teams to help support and celebrate everyone in our community.
- To ensure that the policies and procedures of the Students’ Union and Staffordshire University are always adhered to, and in all activities
- To promote the mission and values of the Students’ Union.
- To lead the development of sustainable student-led organisations, through good planning and organisation.
Apply here - https://www.staffsunion.com/representingyou/leadershiprace/about/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=leadstaffs_2021&utm_content=nuel-nse-rep