The 8-week meditation programme for a frantic world. Starting from the 18th May. Register your interest now.
Learn to develop inner resources that will help you navigate through difficult, trying and stressful situations with more ease with our eight-week mindfulness course.
Start Date: Wednesday 18 May 2022
Course Duration: 8 weeks
Course Cost: FREE
Weekly Time Slot: 1pm (Each session will run for 90 mins via Microsoft Teams)
Places are limited to just 12 so please book on early to avoid
How to register:
To register your interest please contact Joanne Howe email@example.com. If you register for the course, you will be sent a short confidential orientation form to complete prior to attendance. Course payment information will be sent to you separately ahead of the course start date.
The 8-Week ‘Finding Peace in a Frantic World’ Course is a great
introduction to mindfulness. The course is based on the traditional 8-Week
Mindfulness Courses (MBSR and MBCT).
The course consists of eight, 1.5-hour sessions and includes 20 minutes
of home practice per day between sessions. Through guided meditations, group dialogue, individually tailored instructions, and home assignments (such as home meditation practice and exercises), you will learn the essential
principles of mindfulness and techniques to build your personal home practice nd access the wide-ranging benefits well beyond the course.
The key learning points include:
- A variety of formal and informal mindfulness meditation practices, which involve using the breath and body as a focus for being aware of our experience in the present moment.
- Understanding the physiology of stress and how to self-regulate our moods, so that we are better able to pause in challenging situations and manage our responses more effectively.
- Recognising the patterns of worrying and self-criticism that often generate more stress; and how we can relate to ourselves with a more accepting and kinder stance.
- Learning to have more mindful communication, connections, and relationships.
- Developing practical self-care tools to help us thrive, perform at our best, and build resilience.
The structure of the course and home practice will follow the outline of
the bestselling book: “Mindfulness: a guide to finding peace in a frantic
world”, co-authored by Mark Williams, who is the leading mindfulness researcher in the UK and co-founder of the MBCT programme.
- This class will be held on Microsoft Teams.
- The teacher and participants will be live and visible at various times. There will be group and one-to-one interaction as you would expect in a traditional classroom setting.
- No prior mindfulness experience is required.
- There is up to 20 minutes per day of home practice during the course.
- A copy of the course book, “Mindfulness: a guide to finding peace in a frantic world”, will need to be purchased prior to the course starting. It is recommended to read the first four chapters before the first session.