Don't let Christmas be cancelled by leaving your candles lit...
Don't cancel Christmas by leaving a candle to burn on its own...
1. Don't leave candles unattended or near flammable materials such as a Christmas Tree or decorations
2. If you've been drinking alcohol, don't cook; leave the Turkey to the sober cooks
3. Check that the Christmas lights carry the British Safety Standard Sign; switch them off and unplug them before you go to bed
4. Don't attach decorations to lights or heaters
5. Don't cover the transformer element of LED Christmas lights; hide it behind curtains or let it come into contact with presents piled around the tree
6. Dont use an electric heater to dry clothes, especially if you leave it on when you leave the house
7. Dont use an extension lead to power a heater