As a society designed by experienced archers within Stafford, we are looking to expand out to beginners now that the society is maturing. Everyone in the society will do their best to cater for your needs, if there is something that you are looking for that is not offered, why not ask? We will endeavour to look into new ideas and options for all of our members!
Give It A GO!
Whether you are returning to archery, completely new to the sport, enjoy watching, photographing the sport or even a professional, everybody is welcome! Our next Give It A GO! sessions of the year are as follows:
WEDNESDAY 27.09.17 – 7pm-9pm (Stoke On Trent College Sports Centre)
Our current location is Stoke On Trent College Sports Centre. For the Give it a Go Session, we can meet outside the Stanley Matthews Sports Centre and we will walk down so you know where we are when you come again.
We are ever expanding, especially into field archery due to the vested interests of our current members! There is a plethora of club equipment available for our members to use, however if you have access to your own equipment you are more than welcome to bring it along and are encouraged to do so! This will not only ensure more experienced archers are comfortable during sessions, but also allow more beginners to start shooting! If you are intererested in buying your own equipment, we do have a trip to Bow Sports, Wolverhampton where we can get you measured for your own bow! If you have any issues regarding storing your personal equipment, please get in contact with our committee members as it may be possible to arrange secure storage for our members, definatley if you are living in university accomidation.
It presently costs £27, plus £3 insurance, to join our society, signing up with us is essential if you would like to be a regular attendant at our sessions; to ensure you get the most out of the experience, we encourage new members to sign up before October 2nd. Costs will include access to any and all training sessions and the many events that we will be running throughout the year. If you are unsure or require further information, please don't hesitate to contact us via facebook.
Current training times are as follows:
WEDNESDAY – 7pm-9pm (Stoke On Trent College Sports Centre)
Note: We are in conversation with the Student Union for another session during the week, we aim for this session to be a relaxed session so members who don't want to compete but is open to everyone!
Please do let the society know if you cannot attend these events but are still interested in training sessions.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Do I need my own equipment to join the society?
- Not at all, we provide the equipment to get started!
2. Is the membership fee (£30) for the whole academic year?
- That's right, the membership fee covers both semesters of the 2017-2018 academic year!
3. Do I have to attend all sessions?
- No, you can attend as many sessions as you like, attendance is never compulsory. However, if you want to join Varsity 2018, we advise you to come to as many sessions as possible as attendance will be taken to consideration for your position!
4. Do I need to bring anything specific for the sessions?
- Not at all, just ensure you are dressed comfortably! A full safety briefing will be given before each shoot for the first few sessions to express an idea of what is considered sensible clothing/footwear for this sport. If after these briefings you dress unsuitably, you will be asked to change before taking part. We also recommend a drink/ snack to bring with you as this is a 2 hour session and its just before Gobble!
5. Once I become a member, when can I start attending the sessions?
- You can start attending regular training sessions as soon as you become an official member of our club!
6. What else do you offer as a club besides the archery sessions?
- We are planning a lot of socials throughout the academic year, we want to organise regular socials out at the Union venues! We also organise archery equipment shopping trips, with transport and advice provided by our experienced members! We always welcome any suggestions and ideas for new events, so please feel free to contact us if you have any ideas!
If you have any further questions, please email us.