Staffs Landmark Challenge
From 18th January to 28th February we are inviting you to take part in our Landmark Challenge. Together as a University, we hope to raise awareness of mental health problems and the issues we are currently facing during this difficult time.
From 18th January to 28th February we are inviting you to take part in our Landmark Challenge. Over the course of the 6 weeks we aim to ‘visit’ 5 Campuses and 14 landmarks across the UK, covering 2266km! Together as a University, we hope to raise awareness of mental health problems and the issues we are currently facing during this difficult time.
We invite you, Students and Staff, to help us complete this challenge. Every mile counts, as your individual efforts will go towards our collective total and help us complete our virtual Landmark tour. There will also be prizes up for grabs, with the overall top prize of a £100 gift voucher.
Ready to join? Here’s what you need to do:
Step 1: Register
Step 2: Set up
- Download Strava
- Make profile / Log in with Facebook
- Click Explore > Clubs > Search for ‘Staffordshire University Sport Challenges’ > Join
- You’re now ready to log some miles!
Step 3: Run/Walk
- Before you begin, select Record > RUN *
- Press start and off you go!
- Press finish once you've completed your run/walk.
Step 4: Keep Going
- Keep logging your activity and help us complete our tour
As the aim of this challenge is to raise awareness of mental health problems and issues being faced during this difficult time, if you would like to donate to our University’s joint charity partnership with North Staffs Mind and the Horizon fund, you can do so at https://www.staffs.ac.uk/donate/
* If you are walking, please ensure you still select RUN on the settings, otherwise your activity won’t be logged against our total and we won’t be able to track your miles *
Please ensure you follow Government guidelines and maintain social distancing when completing your activity.