Below is an update about accessing mental health provision, #NoExcuse and Parking refunds for term 3.
If you have any specific questions, please don’t hesitate to contact the team or visit our Student FAQ page. For the latest information on Covid-19, please head to our Union or University Webpages, the MyStaffsUni App or check your student email.
Please take care, #BeKind, and Stay Safe
- If you’re struggling with your mental health, please get in contact with any of the support services available to you. This is a difficult time and reaching out for support is OK.
- Remember, you’re in control of your behaviour and there’s #NoExcuse for any form of bullying and harassment, whether that’s in person or online. As a student, you are still a member of our University community and such behaviour may still go through the University Complaints procedure.
- Our Elected Officers have worked with the University to ensure that parking payments are not collected for the final term, with refunds for anyone who has pre-paid the final term
- 100+ 3rd year nursing from staffs volunteer to support the NHS making us all #ProudToBeStaffs
Mental Health Support Services
As a student at Staffordshire University you have free access to Big White Wall. A 24/7 service with trained professionals on hand to help at
Student Services (University) are regularly updating MyStaffsUni with the latest advice and guidance and you can find out details of support for student parents, staying well, and staying connected under the Social Distancing tile. Remember to use your University IT login details to access the app.
While the Student Hub is physically closed, the team are still on hand to support you with the phonelines open Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm. Get in touch by calling 01782 294751 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your Union Advice Team are here to support with issues that can be causing poor mental health. Please get in contact if you need anything. Details of how the service is operating digitally can be found here and we're fully happy to support it you're
- Academic Support - if you're struggling due to academic assessments and deadlines
- Money Manager - if you need money advice
- Housing Help - if you have a question about your housing contract
Nursing Students join the front line
We’d like to say a huge thank you to all the student nurses who have already volunteered to support the NHS. Over 100 3rd Year Students within the first hour of the call out. This selfless act really does make us all #ProudToBeStaffs
Regardless of circumstance, our #NoExcuse policy is remains – whether that’s in person or online. You are in control of your behaviour, any bullying and harassment will not be tolerated. Our Advice Team are more than willing to support students in submit complaints if they feel they have been affected by other students behaviours.
A full update has been emailed to student emails from the University, explaining that "Permit payments have been disabled until further notice. If your new permit was due to be renewed on 1 April 2020, and you have already submitted your payment, you will receive a refund for this amount"