GreenPad is owned and run by Staffordshire University Students' Union, providing a free service for students to secure good quality and affordable accommodation. Our dedicated team checks all our properties to make sure they meet the highest standards.
- Friendly lettings team based on campus
- Find accommodation for students with local Landlords
- Owned and operated by the Students' Union
- We visit each property to ensure it meets the basic criteria as a minimum, is compliant and meets the legislation criteria for Houses of Multiple Occupancy.
GreenPad provides a FREE service;
- NO application fees or guarantor check fees
- NO viewing fees or summer retainer fees
- Accommodation within walking distance of Leek Road and College Road Campus.
Where to find accommodation
GreenPad is based on the College Road campus in the Students' Union above Ember Lounge.
- Be aware of the local market
- See multiple properties and landlords - to compare rents and standards
- Make sure you all visit the property - everyone needs to be happy – GreenPad will provide online viewing videos.
- Property Checklist to ask the Landlord or Agent
- Give yourself time to sign the contract - get it checked by the Students' Union Advice Centre
- We work with many Landlords to make sure you have quality student accommodation.
- Admin fees - ask what they are for (If through GreenPad there are no admin fees)
- Bill arrangements - check what's included TV and TV licence, Wi-Fi etc., limit on use of all inclusive
Think – Red Flags
If renting through GreenPad, we will provide all the relevant certifications for your property, and we will visit all the properties to ensure they are compliant.
If renting through another Agent be of the following:
- No gas safety certificate
- No Electrical certificate
- No HMO (House Multiple Occupancy) licence (if more than 5 bedrooms OR 3 or more floors)
- No EPC (Energy Performance Certificate)
- No deposit protection information
- Pressurising you to sign immediately
- Significant need for repair
- Misleading headlines on the advert
- Promises of refurbishment - needs to be included in the contract
Office Hours: 10am – 4pm Mon-Fri.
Tel: 01782 422300 / 01782 422321 /01782 295888
Most importantly – get your contract checked by one of our advice team in the Union for FREE!
www.staffsunion.com/advice : firstname.lastname@example.org
Remember: don't panic and don't sign until you are fully happy!!