Have you been unable to stay in accommodation near campus because of Covid-19?
Perhaps you're looking for new accommodation because your last let fell through?
Worried about finding a place for a short amount of time?
GreenPad – your Students’ Union letting agency - has your back.
Two Covid-19 release clauses have been put in place for selected lettings with Greenpad.
These clauses are applicable up to the 31st of May and will help protect you and your finances if the situation around the pandemic changes.
So, what's in these clauses you ask, what does it protect?
Below is a list of a few of the reasons why the clause would apply to you and how it can help you.
Covid-19 Release Clause
- Your university course will no longer be going ahead as a result of the University not being open due the Covid-19 Pandemic.
- You have not been granted a VISA to study in the UK as a result of travel restrictions due to Covid-19.
- There are travel bans in place due to Covid-19 preventing you from getting here.
- Tenants will be required to contact Greenpad in writing to confirm they wish to invoke this, no later than 31st May.
100% COVID Rent Refund for period of lockdown
- If you are temporarily unable to return to your accommodation owing to Government restrictions (lockdown) during the 2020/21 academic year, you will not be required to pay rent for the full weeks that you are restricted from returning.
- Where rents have been paid in advance for these periods, the refund will be promptly returned.
- The refund applies only to rent due in that period and will not refund any rent that was in arrears and due in a previous period.
Sounds amazing right?
Your Elected Officer Team were happy with how the clauses could help students:
“What this means for you as students is a "peace of mind" guarantee so that you can make accommodation decisions early!
And, should any further restrictions mean that you cannot return to your accommodation, that you can cancel your contract without penalty or receive full rent refunds for any of the periods of lockdown that have occurred in the academic year.”
Have more questions, concerns or are looking for accommodation with GreenPad?
Get in touch:
- (01782) 422 300
- (01782) 422 321
- (01782) 295 888
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org or head to their website: greenpad.co.uk